Firefighters carrying patient into St. Joseph Hospital, Bangor, ca. 1955
Contributed by St. Joseph Healthcare
Two firefighters from the Bangor Fire Department are assisting a patient down the stairs at the old St. Joseph's Hospital building (formerly the Paine Hospital).
Since the hospital did not have elevators, and the medical staff were not able to carry patients, the firefighters from the Bangor Fire Department station across the street volunteered to move patients from one floor to another.
- Title: Firefighters carrying patient into St. Joseph Hospital, Bangor, ca. 1955
- Creator: St. Joseph Hospital, PR
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: From Black and White Negative
- Dimensions: 2.5 cm x 2.25 cm
- Collection: St. Joseph Hospital Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
St. Joseph Healthcare
360 Broadway, PO Box 403, Bangor, ME 04402-0403
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.