Contributed by Whitefield Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Coopers Mills Baptist Church is located on a hill at the east end of Main Street in Whitefield. This view is from the Howe Cemetery across the street.
In 1980 the Sheepscot Valley Health Center bought the church, removed the steeple, and has enlarged the building twice. As of 2014 and after a century of worship, this building remains a busy and important part of the community.
About This Item
- Title: Coopers Mills Baptist Church, Whitefield, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Local Name: Coopers Mills
- Town: Whitefield
- County: USA
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.8 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: 2011.62.03
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Whitefield Historical Society
PO Box 176, Whitefield, ME 04353
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Baptist churches--Maine--Coopers Mills
- Baptist churches--Maine--Whitefield
- Buildings--Maine--Coopers Mills
- Coopers Mills Baptist Church (Whitefield, Me.)--Photographs
- Whitefield (Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.