Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The drawing shows the size and shapes of the house, barns, cow yard, gardens, and wood house on the Longfellow property on Congress Street in Portland. It also shows the Preble property, to the east and the commercial and other properties to the west of the Longfellows.
Alexander Wadsworth Longfellow, a son of Stephen and Zilpah Wadsworth Longfellow, and a surveyor, made this plan of the Longfellow property.
About This Item
- Title: Plan of Longfellow and Preble lots, Portland, 1838
- Creator: Longfellow, Alexander Wadsworth
- Creation Date: 1838
- Subject Date: 1838
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Pencil on paper
- Dimensions: 32 cm x 41 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 185, Box 4/10
- Collection: Longfellow family papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Historic buildings--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow family
- Longfellow, A.W. (Alexander Wadsworth), 1814-1901--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1886--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Pierce, Anne Longfellow, 1810-1901--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Portland (Me.)--Maps
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Portland, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.