Contributed by Maine Historical Society
A group of Portland residents sought to use City Hall in July 1862 to hold a "Patriotic Meeting" to "stimulate the Patriotism of our citizens, and encourage enlistment" in Civil War regiments.
The broadside is dated July 21, 1862.
About This Item
- Title: Patriotic meeting broadside, Portland, 1862
- Creation Date: 1862
- Subject Date: 1862
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Lithograph, ink on paper
- Dimensions: 31 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 463, #424
- Collection: Works Progress Administration Broadsides Collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.