Contributed by Rockland Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is a view of the northeast corner of the house that General Berry built on Beech Street in Rockland. Before Berry went off to fight in the Civil War he sold his lumber yard and construction company to William H. Glover. Berry and then Glover built many important buildings in Rockland.
About This Item
- Title: Residence of the late Major General Hiram G. Berry, Rockland, ca. 1875
- Creator: Crockett, Frank H.
- Creation Date: circa 1875
- Subject Date: circa 1875
- Town: Rockland
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: Half Stereo View, stereograph
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 8 cm
- Local Code: 2010.4.027
- Collection: Stereo Views
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Rockland Historical Society
P.O. Box 1331, 80 Union Street, Rockland, ME 04841
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Berry, Hiram Gregory, 1824-1863--Homes and haunts--Maine--Rockland
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Armed Forces--Officers
- United States. Army--Officers
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.