Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club Band, 1895
Contributed by Maine Maritime Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is a photograph of members of the Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club at its 50th anniversary meeting in 1895.
The club held its first meeting on August 7, 1845 at Portland Head Light, where members went to escape from the heat of the city.
They fished, smoked, cooked, ate and drank -- for 25 cents each.
Annual outings were held on the first Tuesday of August, mostly at Portland Head Light, although they met on Diamond Island a few times in the 1850s.
In the 1880s the club decided to move permanently to Long Point in Cape Elizabeth.
- Title: Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club Band, 1895
- Creator: Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club
- Creation Date: 1895-08-06
- Subject Date: 1895-08-06
- Local Name: Long Point
- Town: Cape Elizabeth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic Print mounted on card
- Dimensions (cm): 11.2 x 16.9
- Local Code: 1999.36
- Collection: Venerable Cunner Association and Propeller Club Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Maritime Museum
243 Washington Street, Bath, ME 04530
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.